Monday, October 19, 2009


பல  வருடங்கள் , பல   பள்ளி ஆசிரியர்கள் ,
என்னை கொட்டி கொட்டிேய  வீங்கிய என் அம்மாவின் முட்டிகள்,
என்னை அடித்து முறிந்த பெரம்புகள்,
இவையால்  வராத இலக்கணமும், தமிழும் ,
உனை  கண்ட கனம் முதல் கொட்டுதே கவிதையாக. 

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Kamal haasan - The illusionist

    The name is illustrious for numerous things,you cant fit him into a single profile. He is the synonym for versatility and no one will deny that even those who criticize him.As far as i know or most of us know he is the only artist who have completed a 50 long but successfull years in the cinema industry.In the last few days i could see him frequently in the TV shows like interviews, debates.. which is definitely new to all of us becoz a artist at his standard will appear only in a month of sundays but he seem to be easily accessible to common man.
    I always used to admire him and every day its growing inside me like a bamboo plant. He is undoubtedly, certainly a legend and Tamil cinema industry is fortunate to have such artists in its stable. He lives for what he does, he does what he likes to live, he doesnt have different roles in life. Unlike a common man he doesnt have a personal and professional life seperately. He has only 2 things in his mind, 1.How to push his industry to next level ? and 2. how soon it can be done ? He may not be young phisically but he is restless, out of 53 years he has spent his 50 years in cinema, truely he is a apotheosis.

    Take the emotions and fury from Al Pacino, Take the mobster attitude from Robert de niro, Take the hillarious expressions from Rowan attkinson and mix them all 30 % of kamal haasan is ready but the remaining 70% ? no one else can fill that except kamal himself. He is very shrewd both on the screen and off the screen. Its hard to define him in few paragraphs it might need more than that. Though he is less educated, he is a university of life where you can learn anything about art,literature and even rationalism. Like kamaraj to Tamilnadu politics kamal is to Tamil cinema. It wont be a exaggeration if a Film institute is named after him.At 53 he is still a youth icon and a legend to follow. Let the next 50 years be more educative to us, the Movie maniacs. Long Live Kamal Haasan !

A Tribute to Dr.Kamala haasan

Run of life

2 weeks back i was on a one day trip to Namakkal accompanied by 2 other colleagues to attend one of my colleague's marriage. Marriage was in the morning 6-7.30 AM, we attended and went back to the hotel and napped for a couple of hrs and started from Namakkal around 1'O clock and reached salem around 2.30 PM. Our Return train was from salem @ 3.15 PM and the name of the train is 'DHANBAD EXPRESS'. We had a quick lunch and reached station by auto @ 3.00 PM. The digital display in the station read that 'DHANBAD EXPRESS' will arrive at Platform No.1.we reached the PF.1 in few mins and my watch showed 3.10. When we reached the platform there was a train already waiting there and the name of the train read as 'ALLEPY EXPRESS', so we decelerated our walking pace thinking that once 'ALLEPY EXPRESS' goes off the 'DHANBAD EXPRESS' will arrive here.

    The other 2 guys got busy with their mobile phones,one with his wife,the other one with his 7th true lover and i was jus observing the persons running here n there suddenly my phone went on ringing and it was Mani one of my old colleague but still we are in touch, coincidently he belongs to salem and i was talking with him meanwhile the train started moving. We all 3 of us were busy with this hand held device, The train started to run @ a good pace and and and....i was dismayed to see a name board on one of the coaches reading 'DHANBAD-ALLEPY-EXPRESS'..... my heart missed a beat or two by looking at that, for a moment i went blank and came back to reality becoz the train's pace was so high that it needs a hollywood action hero :-) in you to chase n catch that. I turned and shouted on these 2 guys... hey Graham bells !! u saw that ? this the train we have to board ... this is the dhanBAD Express. for a second we 3 froze and started running towards the train, the worst thing is i have a BackPack and a plastic cover in which i have my shoe and the most biggest hinderance my weight... I am 114 kg giant wearing a floater which was not at all letting me to run.... so slippery it was still i ran like i never before have done that. The moment i placed my left foot on the steps i could feel the speed of the train it should be moving atleast @ 30kmph, a spine chilling experience but i regretted for that after making it. What if i have slipped, OMG i couldnt imagine. really a haunting anecdote.